Wednesday, December 14, 2005

To me a Rhombus looks like this

Dear Ms. Maurina,

Here is an article of mine entitled 'English as a global language' that appeared in the Nation Islamabad. I think I've already mailed the same to you. However, I m afraid u didn't get its clearer copy. Now I mail it again to you in the attached file in the pdf format. You must have acrobat reader installed in ur pc in order to be able to read it. It has been tipped by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute to be one of the good article of its nature. I await ur comments.

Thanx and take care,
Amer Rizwan


Dear Amer,

I have read your article. I am very impressed by the way that you have articulated your ideas. In my second year of University (I am doing a TESL course with extended Sociolinguistic modules), I have come to terms with World Englishes- the notion and the reality that English is not exclusively for the British or American or the Australian only but for everyone.It resonates lucidly with your article.

Indeed I think it is an article worth sharing with the Bruneian blogging community. I have a weblog over at this link, http://turquoiseandroses.blogspot.com and I am wondering if I can have you permission to post this article there? I will give you your full credits of course. The blog is rather informal and I host a few of my own academic articles up for download (cleverly disguised under the skin of a breezy and congenial facade to attract the target demographic).

I hope that you will consider. The article reflects a lot on the Bruneian use of Enlglish and it is interesting for my readers, to ponder on. If you decide against it, I would understand. I am putting no pressure on you. :)

Maurina


Dear Maurina,

Thannks for your encouragement. You can post this article on your weblog. Indeed, it would be an honour for me. One thing you must understand that I am not an expert on English Language or English Language Teaching, I have interests in a plethora of subjects, and I want to explore every nook and corner of the infinite expanse of knowledge. I know that I cannot do so in this short span of life yet my noble pursuit is on.

I'd visit your weblog as a layman, and I hope that you'd forgive me if my understanding of the stuff fall short of your standard. Waiting for reply.

Amer Rizwan

No comments: