Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Grey Gurey

Dear Readers *coughs*Tina*coughs*,

As I've observed in the tagboard, there has been an overwhelming demand from the masses (!) that I should publish something about my cat. Since I am too lazy to do so, I've asked the kitty itself to purr away on Turquoise and Roses. However, due to the nature of her paws whereby there lies the absence of opposable thumbs, she is unfortunately unable to type on the keyboard with sufficient agility and rhythm. As the bestfriend that I am, I gladly volunteered to type for her while she dictates relevant information about her life.

Fatale Feline

The name's Gurey. My pet, Maurina, had named me after the deliciously rich coat I have wrapped around my perfectly sleek body. Well, what can I say, she is quite the unimaginative human. How could she not notice my best feature are my eyes? But, even so, I keep my coat shiny, and clean. After all, seventy percent of my waking hours are well spent on - grooming.

I live on the warm television set in the kitchen. Indeed I know every detail that ever came on screen. When the twin towers got bombed, I gasp. When the Tsunami of the century hit Acheh, I wept. When Hurricane Katrina wiped out New Orleans, I sigh. I am a witness of the Brunei Government's reshuffling of ministers. Then when the news get simply too heavy and ludicrous for my feline brain to conceptualise, I tiptoe off the television set to sit in the fruit basket with the delicious smelling green bananas. Indeed, I did that quite a few times. Humans are beyond understanding.

I suppose you want to know how I ended up living in a house with nine humans and three other cats. I honestly cant remember. The earliest memory I have is one where I was put in a lavender bassinet with an atrociously rude white masochistic male cat afflicted with an eye infection. He thinks his phallus is the centre of the universe until he got sterilised. Now he's just insane and schizophrenic, prone to bouts of depression. Ugh, I hate him.

Anyway, I have to go. Midnight is here. So are CICAKS!

Gurey (pronounced GOO-ray) is a Cancerian. I've had her since she was a baby and although she snores, I love her to bits. I've given her full access to Turquoise and Roses. So, expect rants about "an annoying white cat" and bitching on "that Burmese queen who never talks to anyone and eats with her hand".

Ciao!

No comments: